- Sweet flavor
- Greater apple density
- Crispy, breaking texture similar to Honeycrisp, but slightly harder
- Ripens mid-October
- Resembles Fuji in shape and appearance
- Long picking window
- Long storability
MAIA-1 was first released by MAIA in 2014, following the successful controlled cross between Honeycrisp and Fuji apples. This innovative variety set the stage for future advancements in apple cultivation with its crispy texture, sweet flavor and long shelf life. The original MAIA-1 seedling tree can be found in Wabash, Indiana.
MAIA-Mitchell emerged as an early coloring limb mutation, discovered by Bill Pitts in Wayne County, NY in 2018. This revolutionary chili red apple begins developing color up to 8 weeks earlier than MAIA-1. Each apple colors from 88% to full color with a stunning red hue and harvests approximately the same time as MAIA-1.
You can expect the same exceptional qualities found in MAIA-1, including a superior crunchy texture, maximum juiciness, and unparalleled flavor. MAIA-Mitchell’s fruit, which meets strict quality standards, will be marketed as EverCrisp®.
Looking for marketing assets to promote EverCrisp®? We’ve got you covered. Take a look at our wide range of available items:
- Banners: Eye-catching displays to grab attention.
- Point of Sale: Informative material to engage and educate customers at the point of purchase.
- T-shirts: Wearable promotional items that spread the word about EverCrisp®.
- Business cards: Professional and convenient giveaways to leave a lasting impression.
- Stickers: Versatile items for branding on various surfaces.
- Tree Row Signs: Specifically designed for PYO orchards to inform customers which orchard row is EverCrisp®.
To inquire about the availability and pricing of any of these marketing assets, please email us at email@example.com with the item name and the desired quantity.