MAIA Membership Application, License Agreement & Grafting or Top Work Request
Tree Purchaser Info
Welcome to the Midwest Apple Improvement Association (MAIA) family! We are delighted by your interest in the MAIA apple variety releases. By signing the MAIA Trademark License Agreement and purchasing MAIA patented and trademarked material, you are agreeing to the following:
- Using only the trademarked names for marketing apples that meet the quality requirements.
- Making timely payments of the fees:
- Tree royalties will be collected by the nursery when you purchase MAIA trees.
- Royalties of $1.00 per tree are due August 1 of the year that top working or grafting is completed. Written consent from MAIA is required before any top working can be performed.
- Trademark fees are 20 cents per tree for years 4-10 and 30 cents per tree for years 11-20. Trademark fees are due January 1 of each year.
- The annual membership fee $100, also due January 1.